Ok, here is another clip demoing the red LED setting some more, and showing the Ruetz mod. Listen only if you don't mind listening to the Zep riff I have just been learning with my son, played like you hear it played at Guitar Center on Friday night. But if you ingnore that (the clip is really just supposed to let people hear the pedal), you can hear some more of the versatility of this pedal.

http://www.box.net/shared/oofay2lrk6

The first section of the clip is the Red LED setting, volume about straight up, Distortion straight up, filter just past 3 as before. I record the riff a few times, then play a coupla power chords. The second portion is exactly the same (except for a volume adjust, it now is at about 3 to account for volume difference between the mode settings), but with the Ruetz mod flipped on. That backs of the distortion and pumps up the mid range for a much warmer sound. Last, I repeat again, also with the Ruetz mod, but now turning up the distortion a bit. Distortion is now at about 1:30 or 2. I like this setting the best for this riff I think, and may pump up the distortion a bit more, but keeping the midrange up. The guitar is the Vik,after I re-attached the input jack after I loosened it stepping on my own chord. :

I hope that gives someone some more insight.