Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
G&L Legacy

Thread: G&L Legacy

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

G&L is good stuff and holds it's value. Price wise that blows a new MIA Strat out of the water. I know you'd like it if you get it. Everything is done first class on them and quality control is very high. It's going to sound pretty much like a good Strat with a smooth tremolo and a satin neck that is a delight to play.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a G&L guitar and also a bass, so I know a little about the instruments. I do believe the Standard is essentially a regular Legacy but with painted headstock. It comes with a gig bag instead of a case which a normal Legacy would come with.

The thing to know is that G&L makes both alnico and ceramic pickups. The Legacy has alnico pickups which is like a traditional Strat. The other G&L strat-shaped guitars mostly come with ceramic pickups, e.g. s500. The ceramic pickups are supposed to be higher output, and more hi-fi sounding. The alnicos should have more quack. Legacys have a different tone control system than a Strat. Strats come with 2 tone controls, one for the neck and one for the middle pickup, each is a high frequency cut control. The Legacy comes also with 2 tone controls but they control input from all 3 pickups. The other difference is that the 2 tone controls have different functions: one is a high frequency cut and the other is a low frequency cut, so you have more control over the overall frequency band of the guitar. My G&L guitar has ceramic pickups.