Thread: What is your favorite Overdrive pedal?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Bad Monkey for ages but then started to get annoyed with the mid-hump sound it tries to emulate and so stopped using it for a while except as a boost to a Big Muff I used to use to overcome the Muff's huge mid scoop. I'm fairly happy with my Tech 21 Double Drive again now as it's so versitile and can alter the sonic character of you amp- it can make it sound like an AC30 to a cranked Marshall and everywhere in between.

Also +1 on the BYOC Might Mouse kit, the overdrive half of it is very good
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I'm fairly happy with my Tech 21 Double Drive again now as it's so versitile and can alter the sonic character of you amp- it can make it sound like an AC30 to a cranked Marshall and everywhere in between.
    The Double Drive is a cool pedal. I had one for a while. I could get a great Mesa Boogie Mark series tone out of it through my homebrew 5E3 amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Marshall Jackhammer (od mode) is my fave for many years now. Truly the jcm 800 sound in a box, quiet, real and well built. retains clarity like no otjer and no fuzz fizz but real od.

These are always taste issues, but I can say I have owned or tested about two dozen ods and jack always wins. might use some other for a while, always get bacm to jackhammer.

With an ss amp hlwever, I had thks dod tubefx100 or something pedal, which was downright incfedible with roland cube for instance. just superb...but didnt work with tube amps.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.