Thread: just saying hi

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Robin. I hear Singapore is a pretty vibrant place. I hope you get plenty of inspiration from it and spread it around the fret.net.

ps. Hide your checkbook.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Spud. so it's a good thing i don't even have a checkbook?!!
    Guitars: Fender Telecaster MIJ :: Fender Stratocaster MIJ :: Gibson SG Special Faded :: Washburn Acoustic D10 :: Martin Arts & Craft :: Little Martin Acoustic LXK2 :: Musicman Stingray Bass
    Amps: VOX ad50vt
    Pedals: BOSS digital delay :: BOSS DS1 :: MXR overdrive :: CryBaby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f1point7
    so it's a good thing i don't even have a checkbook?!!
    might be a good thing if you hang around here for long

are there any local shops in your area or are you limited to buying online? As a photographer i would love to see some pics from part of the world!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

hey Warren, erm it's too late! i definitely have been infected with GAS.
    purchased my ad50vt just the other day - and already i've broken a string and i can't feel my fingers anymore...

as for local shops, yes there are plenty! there are a couple of buildings in town that i'm sure you'd have a field day in. these buildings only have music AND photographic gear. the range available for both are pretty darn good especially for photographic gear. there are alot of enthusiasts in singapore

the japanese fenders are popular here and they also sell the SX guitars off the shelf too. can't really help you on the photos but how about this?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=singapore&m=text

you got an online folio for your photography?
    Guitars: Fender Telecaster MIJ :: Fender Stratocaster MIJ :: Gibson SG Special Faded :: Washburn Acoustic D10 :: Martin Arts & Craft :: Little Martin Acoustic LXK2 :: Musicman Stingray Bass
    Amps: VOX ad50vt
    Pedals: BOSS digital delay :: BOSS DS1 :: MXR overdrive :: CryBaby Wah