I think it's time to start experimenting with effects for my Fender Twin amp. I'm new to pedals so I would appreciate some advice on what is good/better/best.

I'm not interested in any modulation effects just yet. I want to start with good overdrive and distortion pedals, a good tuner, and possibly a wah. No doubt I'll want more later so the board should support a decent number of pedals.

I'd also appreciate advice on how to set this up with my amp and power it all. For instance, which pedals (if any) should be in the amp's effect loop. should I run a single power strip for the whole board (common ground) or separate power strips for the effects loop and input pedals (separate grounds)? Or would a power supply be the way to go?

This is what I've come up with so far. What do you think? If you have opinions on any item(s), please share. If you think there's a better choice for an item, let's hear it. Is there something missing? What is it?

(Note: prices are all from Guitar Center)

Road Runner Effects Pedalboard (Silver Large) $99.99 (not for gigging - just want something to keep it all neat)

Ibanez TS808 Vintage Tube Screamer Reissue $179.99 (considering a duhvoodooman ZYS or building a BYOC Overdrive2)

Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal $99.00

MXR M-135 Smart Gate Pedal $119.99

Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell $149.99

Boss TU-2 Chromatic Stompbox Tuner $99.99

Monster Cable Monster Rock Instrument Cable
Angled-Angled (8 Inches) 4 @ $24.95 ea. $99.80

------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: $848.75

So you say da kine pedal, eh brah?