Quote Originally Posted by markb
1. None of those pedals should be used in a loop. Gain pedals and wahs go before the amp. Audition the Metal Core first, they can sound very harsh.
So what goes in the effects loop? Just modulation effects?
Also, can you suggest a better metal pedal than the Boss ML-2?

2. I'd wait to try things out before buying a noise gate. Unless you're stacking lots of drives and experiencing excessive noise problems you probably don't need it. A loop box from www.loop-master.com might be a better use of that money. Their pedal board patch bay can save expensive wear and tear on your stompbox jacks too.
Check.

3. Monster Cable products are overpriced for their performance. You could buy cheaper interconnects as capacitance is not such an issue in a short cable. Oxygen free copper is meaningless in guitar terms due to the high input impedances in guitar amps. Beware the sales talk but don't buy junk. It's a fine line ... as Nigel Tufnell famously remarked.
Yes, Monster Cables are overpriced, but I've never had any problem with the performance of any Monster product. That's more than I can say for some other electronics manufacturers. Plus, if I ever do have a problem, they have a lifetime warranty.

4. As far as power supplies go, you get what you pay for. If you want the best buy a Voodoo Labs or T Rex unit. Having said that, something like a Visual Sound OneSpot could work very well with a small board like that.
The OneSpot looks interesting. I didn't know you could daisy chain multiple pedals on a single power adapter like that. Thanks!