Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 48
Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Eye to Eye
    Ronnie Earl, Calvin 'Fuzz' Jones, Willie "Big Eyes" Smith, Pinetop Perkins

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Good call. I think I will go with some Fareed myself this morning.

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on a bit of a music spending spree lately.

I'm really liking Joe's new effort.

Saw these guys on CoolTV's Big Heavy Rock Hour. They're only kids and the lyrics reflect that, but they've got the 80s metal (the good stuff, not Enuff Znuff) thing down pat.

Just bought this and am listening to it for the first time. Sounds like if you liked "Good to Be Bad," you'll like this one too. Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach make a potent guitar duo.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Learning how to play "Loser" and have always loved the version on this album. Garcia's tone on the solo harkens back to his '71/'72 tone, my favorite of his.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

Learning how to play "Loser" and have always loved the version on this album. Garcia's tone on the solo harkens back to his '71/'72 tone, my favorite of his.

This album holds a special place to me I saw my first of many shows 7 months after this was recorded, so this was the sound that I heard live. I especially like Franklins Tower off of this album.

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    This album holds a special place to me I saw my first of many shows 7 months after this was recorded, so this was the sound that I heard live. I especially like Franklins Tower off of this album.
    Definitely a great version of Franklin's, one of the highlights of that album. Didn't see my first show for another 10 years after this, but then again, I was 10 when it was recorded.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Several listens, and yes, it is harder than most any FF release. No pop syrup this time. Good rock and roll.
    Last edited by Tig; April 6th, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Great album. Contains Zawinul's intended arrangement for "In a Silent Way" with some of the pieces Miles took out, but still, it's that beautiful melody that carries the whole thing. That part Miles kept in tact.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The Big Heavy Rock Show on CoolTV is now officially my favorite show on T.V. I've been coming across all kinds of new (to me) bands. Here's my latest pickup:

And the official video that I saw on the aforenamed show:
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Lou Reed
    Live Sept 12, 1992
    @ Tinley Park, IL

Lou Reed - guitar/vocals
    Marc Ribot - guitar
    Greg Cohen - bass
    Michael Blair - drums

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

If funk gets any thicker than this, it could be hazardous to your health. The guitar work by Pete Cosey and Al Foster's drumming in the last few minutes is just awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Ninja Gun
    Restless Rubes
    2008, Suburban Home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

Ninja Gun
    Restless Rubes
    2008, Suburban Home
    DIG this! Vocals! power pop! guitar hooks! Matthew Sweet without the narcissism? I dunno, I've know of them for less than ten minutes. Looks like nothing since '08. Did the bloom of genius destroy them?

Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast