I got my Avatar cab yesterday to use with my Bandmaster VM Head.

Here are my impressions:

First, the build quality is excellent. I ordered the cab in the Fender style; black with silver grill cloth. The cab is heavy, sturdy, and very well done cosmetically with chrome corner protectors and closed back. Everything on the exterior is flawless. I don't know how Avatar does it at the prices they do....$369 for a loaded cab? Unbelievably good. The Bandmaster VM cab sells for $350 and you get the stock Celestion G12-80P speakers (basically Celestion 70/80 speakers), so for $19 more, you get a cabinet with the choice of the speakers that YOU like.

Second, I ordered mine with Celestion G12H-30 speakers. I spent a good 90 minutes playing yesterday and although the speakers aren't even close to being broken in yet, the sound is warmer than my Crate v212T cabinet. I think this was a good speaker choice for the Bandmaster VM, and the Celestions really shine with a nice overdrive, almost giving a "fuzz like" tone at higher distortion levels.

I'd highly recommend the Avatar cab not only in terms of quality, but also price...and it was delivered in 5 days.