Thread: ever done a gig when feeling sick?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, Lev! Hope you get to feeling better!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Is it swine flu?

I once had walking pneumonia and bronchitis while on the road and I was fronting the band 50% of the time. If I didn't show there was no way to get through the night (job security ). There was Grand Master Kata champion that was a bouncer at the club and I had made friends with him. His mental encouragement kept me going so that we didn't loose the gig. It was incredibly painful to get through but I did somehow. I now feel pain qualified to give child birth because my pain lasted days and child birth is only hours. Does that make me tougher and more of a man? Probably not but I do know now that I can push myself further than I thought - not that I ever want to again to that extreme.

For what it's worth Clapton recorded "Before You Accuse Me" while very sick and it actually turned out pretty good. So even though you feel like poop you probably are still sounding good.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I played with bronchitis for 6 months. It was a struggle to say the least. But as they say... "the show must go on!"
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix