I haven't been to this forum in some time. Anyway, I just received delivery on Friday of my first Carvin. It's a blueburst, BoltPlus with Wilkinson Trem. Alder body, Tung Oil Maple neck, ebony fretboard, 2 C22 humbuckers, 5 way switch, Stainless frets, Dunlap Straplocks.

My pics came out pretty bad because of the lighting apparently. The blueburst did come out a bit darker than I thought and you can't see the Carvin logo because I chose black (duh!). I have never played any high end, boutique guitars (suhr, tom anderson, etc.) so i don't have those as points of comparison. I will say that this is the highest quality guitar from a workmanship standpoint that I've ever played. I'm very anal and I can't find a defect.

I'm not great at describing tone so I'll just say that I think it sounds great. The neck hb does sound a little muddy but I think it's my Valvetronix amp. And the playability is tremendous. The neck with Tung Oil is super fast (12" radius) and the stainless steel frets are awesome (and look great too).

The guitar arrived in NY from CA set up very well (low with no buzz) and almost in tune. For under $1000, I think it would be difficult to find a better made instrument. That's made in the USA. Here's a couple of crappy pics!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]