Thread: First time in 20 years... going jamming!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, although you will not need it. You will just have a lot of fun.

I started playing music with a guy about a year ago and he sings, plays keyboards and guitar. Over the last 6 months we've grown to be a 4-piece with drums, bass, guitar and the singer/multi-instrumentalist. It's been a lot of fun and this last weekend we played at a barbecue hosted by the bass player. We had an audience of about 20-30 people and it was a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun and don't forget the ear plugs.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the encouragement folks... very much appreciated!

I spent some time this week cleaning up guitars... changing strings and such and have decided to just take my Tele, PV 30 and some pedals. The rehearsal space has amps already, but I figured I'd go with at least one amp I'm familiar and comfortable with.
    And Spuds... thank you very much for the reminder! I did pick up some ear plugs earlier this week that I will be using tomorrow!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Remember to enjoy yourself David, that's what it's all about. Remember that, and I'm sure you will fit in perfectly.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer