Quote Originally Posted by syo
Robert, perhaps this isn't the contribution you would like me to make but I wonder why (as I think was previously mentioned) you don't ask the fretters for submissions? You might actually find at least some direction for the process.

Frankly, in my world, $400 for people to do work on "spec" doesn't guarantee you will get something you are happy with. I have worked with design houses that were paid US$30,000 and $50,000 to come up with identities that no one liked and were never used.

Just to let you know my background: 25+ years as a professional artist, designer, art director, creative director for mostly large entertainment companies. I looked over the 99 design site. Some good work, some repurposed (borrowed) ideas, some not so good.

Who knows though, it might be money well spent. But I wonder what a homegrown attempt might look like. Who knows, maybe there are some talented people here. With the added (very important) benefit that they already understand what this community is about.

my 3 cents.

-syo

SYO,

I was thinking the same thing myself...