Thread: Reverb Pedals

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Question Reverb Pedals

I've been contemplating adding a reverb pedal to my arsenal, mostly to enhance the already killer tone of my newly re-vamped Valve Jr. I'd initially considered the Electro Harmonix Holy Grail pedal ($99 USD), but read several reviews on Harmony Central that this pedal was extremely noisy. Since I just spent $75 bones to eliminate the amp's ambient noise & grounding-issues, I do not want to employ a pedal that puts me back at square one again. On the other hand, a lot of folks really think this pedal sounds really good. Who am I to believe?

Another pedal I've thought about getting is the DigiTech Digiverb ($99 USD) pedal. This pedal has (7) different reverb models, to include: spring, room, hall, echo, and from what I've heard, an excellent plate reverb model. I already own (2) DigiTech pedals (Bad Monkey / Tone Driver), and both are solid, well-built, great-sounding units. This pedal has (4) more settings than the Holy Grail, and apparently is a lot quieter.

The Line 6 Verbzilla also caught my attention, mainly because I'm frequently at the L6 site downloading tones for my PODxt. However, at $149 bones, I thought the pickin's were a just little steep for a pedal I'd probably be using with only one amp (not to mention the fact that its priced higher than what the Junior retails for!!*sheesh*)

Just wondering what everyone else has used / is using, and if anyone had other recommendations regarding other makes / brands pedals. As I've already said, this pedal will probably only be used with my Valve Jr., so I most likely won't be in the market for some fancy, one-off boutique number. Besides, boutique just ain't my style.
    Last edited by Nelskie; August 15th, 2006 at 04:37 PM.