Nice boat tail Spider EK! I have always liked that model. Very Dustin Hoffman of you. I like the early '70s Kamm tails as well, with the steel rather than rubber bumpers and would like to get one some day. My sedan may morph into one of those someday, after the kids are grown.

As for buying new transportation, I would love a hybrid someday, but am waiting for when they come out with a mini van or decent wagon type. Seems to me, they should be making the mom and dad commuter cars as hybrids, rather than just the little cars. I am not overly interested in hybrid SUV's, at least as they exist now. In any case, I will likely wait until there is one available in good used condition before we buy. I hate paying for that brand new car depreciation. And by then, the long term reliability of the hybrids will be better known, though it seems the Prius line is doing ok. My buddy had a scare with a repair that initially looked to be three grand, but it turned out to be much less. Anyone else know much about the long term reliability and upkeep issues?