Thread: Best Strat Pickups.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

www.pickersparts.com has a good selection of their own 'under the radar ' Strat PUs at varying great prices, and they have the Fender Tex-Mex set at $90!
    Call Jose and ask him about his selection and what is best for you. Seems they have even more available than what comes up on the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    +1 if you are talking about their Tonerider pickups.
    They have some great pickups for excellent prices.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    +1 if you are talking about their Tonerider pickups.
    The TRs are supposedly indeed good, but I've heard some prefer the house brands.
    There are a few sites, like www.guitarfetish.com that offer low priced great sounding PUs that are their own. Havn't had experience with any of them myself yet, but hope to. Per standard wired PUs I guess there's only so many ways to wind a PU that up and coming winders are able to undercut the big names. Of course, Bill Lawrence has been there for decades.
    I'd like to find an HB that matches (or beats )the costly Mules from Bare Knuckles, which are the best I've come accross.