Some of you may or may not have the truss rod screw at the bottom of the neck on your Fender guitars. My gripe is that you have to loosen the neck screws to make an adjustment on the neck. Either that or take the neck off completely. Because of the recent rain we've been getting here (a miracle in itself) I've had to adjust the truss rod in my Muddy Waters Tele neck a couple of times already. It's not that big a deal to loosen the neck each time to do this....but then again if I have to do this at every seasonal change (change in humidity during transition between Winter/Spring...Summer/Fall) then yeah it would become a real drag.

One solution that I can see is cutting the pickguard where there is an existing rout in the body for access to the truss rod screw. My question is....would any of you cut the pickguard on a Muddy Tele to gain access to the screw or would you leave the pickguard alone for "looks sake" and deal with tweaking the neck while it's loose or off the body. Another reason for the gripe is that I prefer adjusting while the neck is on like I do with my MIM Strat....this way I adjust in miniscule amounts while I play. I don't have to retighten any screws or retune the entire guitar while doing this. I wish to be able to do the same with my Tele.

So would you cut the pickguard?