Hello,

What's you neck profile preference?

Mine is sort of 'V'. I like a neck that's thick enough in the middle so it sort of fills the hand and is not tiresome to play chords on, yet on the bass side of the neck I want to get my thumb near the fretboard like it was very thin. So a V works the best for me. I played regular U's and C's for almost 20 years and I can't believe I never realized how good V shape is.

I have two V neck guitars, on my strat the neck is regular strat thickness but clearly V up to say 10th fret, and on the Davette it's thinner all the way but also V for a long way. Actually on that one the V is so deep that the neck starts to tilt away already ON the fretboard right after the frets, there is no 'even' edge at all on the neck...and it's SOOOO light and great to play.

I have a Flying V too, but it has more of a thick U profile and I have decided I hate it. It's good for chords but it forces the thumb all too far from the fretboard making it really tiresome to play leads. Guess I gotta start sanding the neck to my shape :-)

So, what's your preference?