Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hell Guitars - Page 8
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Like really flat necks do you, Maxi?

I read over my comments thinking I may have an ill-constructed sentence somewhere but couldn't find it. But then I'm not sleeping much these days and confuse myself easily. But if you really want a 10" to 12" radius neck, I'll have the factory glue you a block and give it a light sand...

Check that. I just read over the original question. I'll cancel your order

SYO your a mean evil dude "The radii for all of the models are currently 14".

So a 10 to 12" radius would be nice @!$#@%#^%$#@^$^$^!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Another work in progress. Perhaps it is getting tiresome seeing more half finished pieces rather than final guitars but this is part of the process for me. I've been working on a bunch of new designs for the exisiting models and trying to get them to the factory as soon as possible for completion.

This one I rather like. Was playing with the idea of a 3D guitar (yes, I know that a guitar is already in 3D). It produces an interesting illusion. The goldish diamonds are from a special schlag metal leaf. Depending on the angle and lighting the can appear anywhere from gold to brass to silver-ish. There's also a very light pattern in the leaf. It is very tempermental stuff and tore in odd ways when removing the masking film so I sprayed with a light clear coat to keep the leaf stable and I'm fixing all the rough bits. Still needs a little more fixing and a nice glassy clear finish. Of course getting the shiny hardware and diamond marker neck on there should pull it together too. Please use a little imagination. Not sure if I should use nickel covers or open with black for a meaner look. Guess I'll try both and see.

Lots of other things going on that I'm anxious to share but I suppose I should wait until things get a little further along. Anyway I would, as always, appreciate any comments on this model. Good, bad or indifferent. Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is so awesome! I'm not sure if it is just the flash, but it looks like there are reddish spots on some of the tiles. Also, if you scan your eyes from top-to-bottom the 3D really pops out like a M.C. Escher design. Very cool! BTW, that snake logo looks very cool and would be really wicked on the guitar (maybe as inlays on the fretboard).

Great work! Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, as that pattern usually does for some reason. I like it. Personally, I'd go with the open pickups, but that's just me.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been almost two fortnights since your last update, syo. So...

Post Thanks / Like

That finish/design is just FABULOUSLY COOL! Wow! I'd see how it looked with gold pup covers...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    That finish/design is just FABULOUSLY COOL! Wow! I'd see how it looked with gold pup covers...
    Thanks alot TJ. I am not usually inclined toward gold hardware but I've actually thought about it for this one. I'm really anxious to have this one built.

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    It's been almost two fortnights since your last update, syo. So...
    Well you are indeed right about that Don. Unfortunately I got a bit behind as our usual business was insanely busy. At the same time, my wife injured her ankle which is now in a cast and I got a bad bug with a very high fever. For the first production run I need to be at the factory a couple of times during the process. So I figured rather than push it, it would be best to wait until I have the time I need to make sure that everything comes out as it should. I am now planning to go to the factory in early September. I'll go back to the factory and to the Music China Fair in Shanghai in Oct. where I might show some of our stuff in a friends' booth.

I have been busy though with other Hell details in the meantime. New designs, a new model (a rather different signature model), plus working on the website and coming up with some Hell branded gear.

Sorry for the silence. I should have more to report soon. Perhaps I'll come up with some kind of giveaway for the Fretters only.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi syo,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your illness and your wife's ankle (tell her to take it easy on those snow boards!) Of course there is no hurry, it's always best to take one's time and do things right.. I was just nudging you a bit.

Good luck with the Music Fair, that must be a really exciting thing to plan for.

Cheers!

don

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your illness and your wife's ankle (tell her to take it easy on those snow boards!)
    don
    Nothing so glamourous Don.
    Slipped on her moderately high heels on the way back from our cheap local Chinese.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing so glamourous Don.
    Slipped on her moderately high heels on the way back from our cheap local Chinese.
    I have a friend who broke her ankle in a drunken slow motion tumble from a park bench. And yes, she was sitting at the time. How that could happen, I still don't understand.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I told Sean quite some time ago that I was hoping to try out the Bare Knuckle Riff Raff humbuckers "this weekend". Well (many weekends later) I finally did. They're terrific. I highly recommend them if you have an SG style guitar. Probably great in a LP too. Amazingly versatile from bell-like clear to nice punchy growl. Fits the Bender like a glove. Although I did pull out my Mule equipped Bender and that is amazingly sweet too. A little warmer sound.

Just placed half of a sizable order with Bare Knuckle. Their products and service really cannot be beat in my opinion. If you're looking for an nice upgrade I do recommend them. Prices appear to have gone up however...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I told Sean quite some time ago that I was hoping to try out the Bare Knuckle Riff Raff humbuckers "this weekend". Well (many weekends later) I finally did. They're terrific. I highly recommend them if you have an SG style guitar. Probably great in a LP too. Amazingly versatile from bell-like clear to nice punchy growl. Fits the Bender like a glove. Although I did pull out my Mule equipped Bender and that is amazingly sweet too. A little warmer sound.

Just placed half of a sizable order with Bare Knuckle. Their products and service really cannot be beat in my opinion. If you're looking for an nice upgrade I do recommend them. Prices appear to have gone up however...
    From what I've experienced so far with AlNiCo pickups, I think I prefer the IIs and IVs over the Vs. I'd probably dig the Mules, from what I've read. I've heard nothing but good things about these Bare Knuckle pickups. I think you made a good choice there, Syo.

How is production coming along? Will we see any available soon?
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    How is production coming along? Will we see any available soon?
    Should be about two months (which is what I said 5 months ago ). Actually pretty firm this time. Many unforseen factors conspired to the delays. Mostly to do with our other business which has required more of my time than was anticipated. Also, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I'm into something so I keep trying out new hardware, tweaking designs etc. until I start feeling good about going to market.

The happy result of this delay however, is that the yen has been getting quite strong over this time so everything is costing me a bit less. For now anyway. So a few weeks after the Shanghai Music China fair (next week) I will hang out at the factory and oversee the production at an early stage then back again later for assembly, set-up and shipping. I will go over every guitar to make sure everything is as it should be. Have to finish the website too. Lots to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Should be about two months (which is what I said 5 months ago ). Actually pretty firm this time. Many unforseen factors conspired to the delays. Mostly to do with our other business which has required more of my time than was anticipated. Also, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I'm into something so I keep trying out new hardware, tweaking designs etc. until I start feeling good about going to market.

The happy result of this delay however, is that the yen has been getting quite strong over this time so everything is costing me a bit less. For now anyway. So a few weeks after the Shanghai Music China fair (next week) I will hang out at the factory and oversee the production at an early stage then back again later for assembly, set-up and shipping. I will go over every guitar to make sure everything is as it should be. Have to finish the website too. Lots to do!

Good luck, Syo! I'm sure you'll let us know when the website is up. Maybe you can even test it on us Fretters! Have fun at the Shanghai Music fair!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Syo!

I know you are at the Shanghai music fair but thought I'd ask you about your progress. When, oh when, can us fretters place an order? ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Syo!

I know you are at the Shanghai music fair but thought I'd ask you about your progress. When, oh when, can us fretters place an order? ;-)
    Hey Don. I just finished meeting with suppliers. Worked out some better deals on hardware so the guitars will be improved without extra cost. Also having neck joint plates with the Hell logo done up for the bolt-on models. As I mentioned to Sean, it will be about two months til the guitars are finished. Unfortunately this is the busy manufacturing season so production is taking a little longer. Also, I am a pain in the... well...neck for the manufacturer I think as I require more attention than most of the other makers (or so I've been told)...

In all, sorry this has been dragging on but we're nearly there. Then I'll join otaypanky in the presently lonely looking "Manufacturers and Retailers" section.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have some ready for tax return time, I'll be happy!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, how much should I be saving up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    Yeah, how much should I be saving up?
    What, you're not going to wait for one to come up on CL, C64?
    -Sean

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast