Hello,

This might be something of a newbie question, but I thought it might fit in under the modeling amps section.

I've got a Roland Cube 15x, my first amp. Since I got it (at a garage sale so there weren't others to try out) I've discovered the Cube 30x has quite a bit more. Then I got to looking around and have seen that other amps can simulate the sounds of many varieties of amps. The Vox Valvetronix VT30, the Peavey Vypyr, and the Fender G-DEC.

15 watts is really all I need, but it seems you have to get 30w to get the options I want. In fact, the "power squeeze" on the Roland is very nice for my wife who doesn't like me to get too loud. I'd like various amp selections and also effects. Since I'm new to playing the guitar, this seems a good way to get acquainted with different effects before buying any pedals.

So finally, my question is, what do you suggest? Am I missing any major amps I should be looking at? I hope to get to a store (that's an hour away) and try some out, but I'd like to have an idea what to look at before I get there since I won't have a whole lot of time. Also there's a Vypyr on Craigslist for $160US. http://joplin.craigslist.org/msg/1401204125.html Thanks.