Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What axe ya slinging tonight............ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What axe ya slinging tonight............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    I try messin with my johnson atleast daily.............
    That's ....um, ....kinda funny.

I decided to take one of these tonight too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    Is that one of those Fender/Floyd Rose locking trems? How do you like it? I've always been interested in those.

No rose It is a fender with the name engraved on plate from top of the line mid ninties Limited USA.........Neck and roller nut off of the same strat matched with a top 1 or 2 year old Usa Candy tangerine body noiseless pups custom rsguitarworks pots etc.. etc...........

The bridge was hard to find and costly when found it has a pop in arm all metal no plastic tip..........this took awhile to get all parts and then wire it up and in reality more costly.....then to find the strat as a whole but of course it wouldnt be in this color...........
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Well, I didn't play anything Friday night.

Saturday mornin' I wents down to the church house with these:

However, it turned out I didn't play them. By coincidence all 3 of the songs we practiced for Sunday were relatively easy, so I decided to push my limits a bit and play all the songs on this instead:

That was the first Sunday so far where I could actually play all the songs on mandolin. Just chording along mind you, nothing fancy. The rest of the praise band kidded that they wanted to make up official praise band shirts with my face on them and the legend "MORE MANDO!" underneath, haha.

I also mentioned to our band leader that I have a banjo, so at some point I'll probably play some banjo in church too, even though my banjo knowledge at this point is a lot less than my mandolin knowledge.

Nothing like learning an instrument live in front of 200-300 people every Sunday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12