So I've been playing in a cover band for the past year and everything has been going pretty well. We all get on well together we have a good sound and people generally seem to really like us. Unfortunately due to the recession in this part of the world Pub/Club owners seem a little reluctant to pay for live music but we've been getting maybe 1 gig per month and hope to increase that to 2 next year.

About 6 months ago I let the guys know that my wife was due a baby in September and that I wouldn't be able to gig for about a 4 week period which was fine. Our daughter Mia arrived on Sept 16th but unfortunately she hasn't been doing great, nothing too serious but she's had a severe case of colic and sleeps very little and cries uncontrollably for several hours a day. We had a gig a couple of weeks back which was seriously difficult for me because of the physical & mental tiredness and I spent the whole gig thinking i should be at home with my family. After this I explained to the guys that I really couldn't commit to any more gigs for the rest of the year but that if things improved at home I'd let them know. It should be noted that we didn't have any gigs in the calendar for the rest of the year anyway so I wasn't asking to cancel anything.

Last week I get a message to say we're booked in for a gig on the 29th of Nov.. I couldn't believe that they took this booking knowing my circumstances. When I contacted them I got 'well we can forget gigging in this venue again if we don't do it', as I said gigs are becomeing hard to come by. But I'm really p*ssed that I've been put into this position, I want to put my family first but if I don't do it I'll feel like they'll hold this against me. For me a good relationship has definitely been soured, I've been 100% committed to the band up to now, I never miss a rehearsal, I do all the sound for our gigs (despite having no experience - I just have good ears) & I've invested financially into the PA system.

I feel as if I'm being treated badly, am I being unreasonable?