Quote Originally Posted by redgibson
I practically stole it from guitarcenter.... it was quite cheap when all was said and done. I am a bit shy on cutting caps off a new amp! I will say that the controls seem to be a bit impotent, not much range to them. Maybe I'll cut one cap at a time? :-/ hmm. I would really hate to put it all back together and be back where I started with a dysfunctional / not working /buzzing horrible unrelaible amplifier...
One caveat to the info I provided above: You have to check which version BC 30 you have. The people at Gibson were monitoring all the mod talk on their website and others and some of the revisions that posters came up with were incorporated in later versions. As mine was a version 1, it needed all the mods that the amp guru's advised. They worked on mine.

In lieu of doing the circuit mods, try some radical EQ settings like turning the treble almost all the wat down and the bass way up with the mid cranked as well. This amp responds totally differently in its stock form compared to all other amps I've used.