Hi all,

I found out last night at practice that the other lead guitar player at church had an accident. While he was playing acoustic the previous day, his Epi LP fell off of the stand and onto the stage, apparently straight on the fretboard/pickup side.

What he has now is a nice crack on the back of the neck, somewhere around the 10th fret if I recall, kind of curved along the grain of the neck (imagine an upside-down 'U' if you are looking at the back of the neck). Looking at it, the relief was obviously off, and the neck now has some seriously excessive relief, which makes me think this was structural. It didn't look too deep, but I didn't examine it that well.

I know nothing about necks aside from Gibson-esque guitars having set necks. Without a picture or further details at the present moment, can any of you speak on the likely state of his guitar? Should he be coming to terms with the end of an era or is a repair likely/possible? What should his next course of action be? According to him, he paid ~$250 for it, though he wasn't sure.

Input appreciated!