Thread: Is your wife/husband causing you to play less?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I should add that the good news is that my son and I have been having regular weekly lessons and my wife encourages him to practice. Next week: six string barre chords! Huzzah! After that, we move on to Metal Method's Stage Three and I can begin teaching him that solo. I'm really looking forward to that--and playing rhythm for him.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

My wife doesn't approve of most any hobby I have but she would rather I play than deer hunt. She has many problems with what I do that doesn't spend time with her or make money for her to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    My wife doesn't approve of most any hobby I have but she would rather I play than deer hunt. She has many problems with what I do that doesn't spend time with her or make money for her to spend.

hahahaa. LOVE IT!

For me, I'm the wifey so it's all good here. He has a 20% hearing loss so I'm usually the one yelling about why the TV is hella loud. My only issue is that after I've been playing for four months and then he goes to get his bass guitar to learn I'm gonna have to listen to his damn jingle bells plucking like I did...LMAO.
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift that's why they call it the present. Live in the now. Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's an experience."

Guitar: ST-Special Strat
    Amp: GA-10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    That's all I used to hear.