Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How many tones do you actually use?

Thread: How many tones do you actually use?

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many tones do you actually use?

Curious on some forthright answers here...

How many tones do you actually use? I know there are a billion settings your pedalboard/modeling amp/multi-effects box can give you, but I want to know what actually makes the cut when you're performing (for an audience or yourself, whichever is more applicable). The 'go-to guitar' for tones, if you will.

I personally use a medium-drive overdrive setting or mild-to-mid RAT-ish tone for the vast majority of the stuff I play, and clean (~60%) or with basic chorus (~40%) for softer songs. I'll use some slapback delay (170-350 ms) when I remember to for some leads, and I have some mild spring reverb on pretty much all of the time. Tone knobs on the LP are almost always dimed, and I spend most of my time on the middle pup position. My 'amp' (Tech 21 GT2) is set on a dead clean California (Mesa) tone and stays there 100% of the time. That's about it.

When I'm messing around at home (sometimes with Pod Farm), I find a high-gain Stones-y tone to be fun, if only because it covers up mistakes...
    Last edited by Eric; January 4th, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner