Landline home phone, barebones no long distance Verizon service: $27/mo.

AT&T Cell Family Plan...3 phones... a Samsung smartphone of some kind with a touch screen and all that sexy stuff...(my daughter is a cellphone junkie), 2 Motorola Karmas for my wife & I are 'smart' enuff, QWERTY keyboard slides out, I like they're stereo music players and can shoot video - with a microSD card and 'phones, it's practically an i-pod...1100 anytime minutes (unused rollover), unlimited nights/weekends & mobile-to-mobile...unlimited text/messaging... unlimited nationwide long distance, that's $135/mo for the works ($30 of it is the text/mssging)... unlimited data is $10 per phone extra, but not doing that...yet.

Cable for TV & hi-speed net. A gazillion channels (we like movies w/o going out and dropping 30 bucks, and I like sports), 2 HD boxes. Would be about $130 just for the tube and 5$0 for the net, but I walk in with a Direct TV ad & my Verizon bill (could get FIOS or DSL...) and threaten to jump ship once a year, and somehow, they get me 'down' to $130/month for the lot.