Thread: starting question

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWolf1171
    thanks jon, i just got a 3 dvd pack of "metal guitar from the rock house way", checked out the first dvd last night, awesome disc, got a grasp on a few chords and scales within the first 20 mins.
    Allen
    Sounds good. So you're getting into metal?

Music is just like a language. You can learn to "speak" it without learning to read it. Supposed to be the best way, playing by ear but not everybody are blessed with good ears (I'm not). Reading music is good as you'll know what you're doing but hard to be fluent, that comes from experience.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    Sounds good. So you're getting into metal?

Music is just like a language. You can learn to "speak" it without learning to read it. Supposed to be the best way, playing by ear but not everybody are blessed with good ears (I'm not). Reading music is good as you'll know what you're doing but hard to be fluent, that comes from experience.
    thanks Kite, yes im into metal/hard rock but i have an interest in Blues as well. I surely lack the ears for music ,least i think i do. My guitar situation is odd i believe, while i can read a bit of music and have been playing guitar for a few years, i didnt learn the fundamentals. Ive learned everything from Tab, and while i can play and switch chords, im not aware of what chord im playing, only knowing what the tab tells me to play.As of the last few weeks ive learned about 15 chords with relative ease, its just a matter of memorizing , say...that im playing an A7 when my fingers are in that position etc..
    Thanks Allen