So, I have my studio built, and I'm in the process of building and installing sound panels. I build them myself, and it's working out just great.

Now, one thing that has been an issue with my video recordings is that the acoustic sound from the guitar strings sometimes is present in the video, if the amp volume is low. Related to this - with the camera some distance away, the sound of me talking is sometimes poor quality, just because of the room and the distance between the camera mic and myself.

So, with all that in mind, I have a plan. I just ordered a Phonic 4 channel mixer, and I am also getting a Shure headset mic (or a lapel mic, we'll see). What I will do is to mic my amp with an SM57, send it to the mixer; use the headset/lapel mic and send it to the mixer; then I'll mix to taste, and run the output into the audio input on the camera.

Sounds like it should work? I hope so! I am not sure why I didn't think about doing it this way before.

I am expecting the sound to be much, much better, both guitar sound as well as the audio of my voice.

I only need a 2 channel mixer, but I thought I might have use for 2 more some time in the future, and it was only $30 more. So there you go!