Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
Hey Bob! Thanks! I had not seen those. Will check them out. Been still playing that amp all this time, and loving it! Put some different tubes in, to replace a bad pre-amp tube that had gone microphonic, and also got a second set of good vintage 6L6WGB, 5881 equivalents and it sounds better than ever! I need to remind myself exactly what I got to try in the preamp section and report back. I got a few to play with and try out.
Steve, for you and any amp-aholics reading this thread: Uncle Doug has been a mainstay on YouTube since 2013, specializing in vintage amp demos and (especially) repairs/refurbs. His wheelhouse is amps from the late '40s through the '60s, with a heavy emphasis on old Fender units. His videos include a lot of "how to" amp work and repair information, with a healthy dose of electronic theory thrown in. He still manages to keep most of it very understandable, as long as you already have some familiarity with amp circuits and the basics of how they work. He's also a cat & dog lover as well as a vintage auto enthusiast, so you'll find bits of those topics thrown in to his videos, as well. Good sense of humor, too. Check out his YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Stratosaurus1