That old red strat copy (I believe Cranium identified it as a Madeira?) had laid around too long. The bright red finish and botched peghead work done by the previous owner was getting on my nerves. Plus, I've been intrigued by tung oiled necks and wondering what a Danish oil finish would be like. So... I took it completely apart (kinda scary, never did it before), stripped it, and refinished it. It's different, that's for sure. The Danish went on the body smooth and soaked in quick, not a look everyone might like, if you're into shiny, glassy finishes, but I dig it. Sorta relic/old furniture-like (if that makes any sense). I can't wait to get it put back together to see if the sound changed, it had like a quarter-inch of plastic-paint crap layered on it when I started. I'd think that would be like taking that goop you dip pliers handles in to insulate them, coating a tuning fork in it, and then smack it on something and wondering why it wouldn't "ring out". Am I thinking along the right lines here? Opinions? Please? I keep buffing the tung oil on the neck w/ a soft cotton cloth, it's getting nice and slippery, the Danish oil on the body is getting a satiny sheen to it, but needs more buffing still. I know some of you brother fretters have done really good refinishes, but I'm definitely not a spray-gun artist, so I went w/ what I thought would be the easiest for a begginer. I also notice the end grain of the body soaked up more oil and turned darker, sort of a natural oil-sunburst kinda thing. Any suggestions on a new pickguard color, or should I just slap the black pearloid one back on it?