Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Tele project coming!

Thread: Tele project coming!

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the kind words guys. What was that Ian said about Ellie in Jurassic Park as she was leaning into the mound of Triceratops poo...She's tenacious!

If you do enough of something you will get good at it. I learned a lot of wood work from my dad but I still had to do it for my self. It takes time and somethings ya have to do over, boy did I ever , but it gets better as you go on.
    I remember working on the first guitar I made back in high school, 1971. I was gluing the fretboard on and with all my experience (17 years old). I thought I would just line up the one edge of the board with the edge of the neck, this way I would have less to sand on the other side. Well...That made it easier to sand but the fretboard was cut with a taper. This put the frets at a slight angle and were no longer square with the rest of the guitar. I learned a good lesson that day. This was done without my dads assistance..........Yeah ya mess up a few and ya learn........ Always work off a center line with a guitar.

I have a question for you all.

I don't know if I will be able to get all the poly off this Mighty Mite neck and I am afraid I might have adhesion problems when I re-clear it with lacquer.
    Blooz or anyone that has ever put a finish over polyurethane, do you find that it is very hard to get lacquer or other top coats to stick to it?
    I have done a few projects now where I sanded down the poly and put lacquer over it, only to have the lacquer chip off if you barely bump it against something. I think the poly is so hard it is tough to get anything to adhere to it. Do you know of any clear primer that will adhere to poly and that the lacquer will adhere to the primer?

Thanks.
    M
    Last edited by M29; March 13th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.