Thread: Mayer's apology

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    Maybe I read his comments wrong, but it sounded like he was saying she's a sexual dynamo. That's hardly disparaging.
    Maybe it's a generational thing (I certainly hope not), but I was raised to be a gentleman. And gentlemen don't speak of such private intimacies as John Mayer does. Oh, I've certainly had acquaintances who have, and I've been in enough locker rooms to have heard it many times before, but it's still inexcusable. Just imagine if it was your daughter that Mayer was speaking about. Or maybe your sister or a good friend.

As to the free speech right, there has to be self regulation in the exercise of this right. In the classic example, is it OK to scream FIRE!, FIRE! in a crowded theater and then disavow any responsibility for those who are then trampled to death because of your actions?
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Maybe it's a generational thing (I certainly hope not), but I was raised to be a gentleman. And gentlemen don't speak of such private intimacies as John Mayer does. Oh, I've certainly had acquaintances who have, and I've been in enough locker rooms to have heard it many times before, but it's still inexcusable. Just imagine if it was your daughter that Mayer was speaking about. Or maybe your sister or a good friend.
    Right, not the gentlemanly thing to do, I agree. That being said, I've been in enough gyms and bars to hear guys talk that kind of stuff. However, there's a HUGE difference between BS'g with 10 pals and saying stuff in a venue so that EVERYBODY knows what you think.