About 10-15 years ago I went to see King Crimson in downtown Denver. They were having an off night, Fripp seemed to be having trouble with his rig. The opening band was the California Guitar Trio. They blew KC away, which had Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Trey Gunn in the band. CGT were three former students of Fripp. They were awesome that night.

A few months later CGT came back though, and they did another great set. The opening band was Emotion. They put on a great show and I got their CD. The memorable part of the show was when the guitar play accidentally yanked the cable out of his guitar during a solo, but plugged back in and finished anyway. He got a standing ovation for that, but you could tell he was really pissed at himself. I believe they were a UK band, but I can't find anything online about them.

Finally, my wife and I went to see a show with Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Brown, Bruce Hornsby, and Shawn Colvin. David Lindley opened up for them and later joined them on stage, but his opening set was by far the best part of the concert.