So I don't completely hijack Plank's kitchen thread, I thought I'd start out by introducing you guys to my back room, where the pub will be located.

Initially, I got really overboard excited about the project and was going to install a 17x8 stage, but decided against that. Too much work. Instead, I'm going to simply add a bar and barback to the practice space... okay.. maybe a booth or two, depending on who I find for a drummer and how much equipment he has.

Coming into the room from the bathroom, which is what connects the back room to the rest of the house:

(Yes, I move the guitars before I light a fire.. lol)

The view from the opposite end of the room... in front of the french doors in the last picture:

The view I have when I play:

And the gratuitous shot of my setup... please note my pedal board looks empty... this time next week it won't.. fed some MGAS (Major GAS) this past week:

Now that you have a basic visual of the room, the bar will be going in the space by the bathroom door... where the white love seat is. I'd outlined everything with some blue painter's tape then drafted up a bar design in AutoCAD based on the tape.. it should work out well.

The bar and barback will be made out of recycled barn board and stained dark-ish. I'm still working on how I want to do the lighting.

We also really want to rip out all the carpet and put down laminate flooring of some sort, with some area rugs, but flooring a 500+/- square foot room is going to be $$$.

Paint-wise, we're leaning heavily towards a nice forest green with stained pine wainscotting and chair rail. Yes, we'll be starting just with paint. LOL No clue what color we're going to do the ceiling in.

Okay.. so that's it for now. :-)