Thread: Car buying

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

From personal experience, I'd highly recommend either a Toyota or a Honda. My Toyota Corolla ran forever, over 200,000 miles before I sold it. The Geo Prizm is also a Corolla, and can often be found for less than it's Toyota branded counterpart. Hondas usually run a little more, but as long as you don't buy the Accord, you should be fine. Accords seem to have problems for some reason, but my Civic is nearly bomb-proof. Good runner, great mileage and not too spendy to repair.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    From personal experience, I'd highly recommend either a Toyota or a Honda. My Toyota Corolla ran forever, over 200,000 miles before I sold it. The Geo Prizm is also a Corolla, and can often be found for less than it's Toyota branded counterpart. Hondas usually run a little more, but as long as you don't buy the Accord, you should be fine. Accords seem to have problems for some reason, but my Civic is nearly bomb-proof. Good runner, great mileage and not too spendy to repair.
    Yeah I agree, but they're also heavily overvalued and I've found that people consistently charge an extra 20%+ (at least around here) because they know that for many people, they're the obvious option. Seems comparable to buying a Vox AC30 or something -- you know it's going to be great, but are they charging too much for that well-at-least-this-will-work attitude? Probably.

That's why stuff like the Geo and the Pontiac Vibe mentioned by HJ are good ideas. Good call on that, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    heh, i never BUY a car with less than 200k on the clock. I now have 350k on my Peugeot STW and between 200 andthis theres been very little trouble. dead battery, new brake pads, stufflike that.

bigger french cars is whatt i like but its diffsrent here. they are cheap, never rust any and are usually good for 400k plus.

next car im thinking might be a little older mercedes,an E220 station and with under 400k on the clock. friend has one with 670k gone lready...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    heh, i never BUY a car with less than 200k on the clock. I now have 350k on my Peugeot STW and between 200 andthis theres been very little trouble. dead battery, new brake pads, stufflike that.

bigger french cars is whatt i like but its diffsrent here. they are cheap, never rust any and are usually good for 400k plus.

next car im thinking might be a little older mercedes,an E220 station and with under 400k on the clock. friend has one with 670k gone lready...
    Wow, that's some milage or is it kilometer?
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

I have my wife's 01 Toyota Camry LE 71500 miles on it for sale right now, I got her a new Camry for Valentine this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    I have my wife's 01 Toyota Camry LE 71500 miles on it for sale right now, I got her a new Camry for Valentine this year.
    Looking for a new wife, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    Looking for a new wife, huh?
    HUH?
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    HUH?
    Joke. I assume you're aware of the recalls......