Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New pickguard for the CV 50's Strat

Thread: New pickguard for the CV 50's Strat

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I plead guilty to old thread exhumation, but just wanted to say "thanks" to Tig for turning me on to Warmoth's custom pickguard offerings. I've bought several Strat and Tele p/g's in the past but had somehow never discovered that Warmoth did pickguards in addition to their well-known selection of guitar bodies and necks. But I was doing a Google search for "CV Strat pickguard" and, lo & behold, a link to this thread comes up!

I just picked up a Squier CV '50s Strat in LPB for cheap off eBay and wanted to change the stock white p/g for something more distinctive. While the Warmoth selection of colors and patterns isn't as extensive as many that I've seen, the cool part is how you can select the pickup and controls layouts, mounting screw number & placement, bridge cut (standard or FR), and left or right-handed orientation. They then machine the pickguard to your specifications. And the final price is VERY reasonable--mine was $28, including a $3 upcharge for the material I selected. A lot of the "off the shelf" Strat p/g's I saw ran in the $35 - $50 range! I won't tip my hand just yet on what I picked out, but it should be a real eye-catcher, I think. Will post a photo or two once the metamorphosis is complete...
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Can't wait to see it...
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    I just picked up a Squier CV '50s Strat in LPB for cheap off eBay
    That's your fourth CV axe now, isn't it? I guess they must be nice guitars, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    That's your fourth CV axe now, isn't it? I guess they must be nice guitars, eh?
    Yep, my 4th Squier CV guitar. I think they're just incredible guitars for the money. I haven't had any functional or workmanship issues with any of them. If there's a problem with the fret material, I haven't seen it, but then again I'm a hobby player and I'm pretty easy on my guitars.

I haven't bought any of the four new--got one second-hand at my favorite local guitar shop, and the other three were used instruments off eBay. This new one was just a lowball bid I put in for the heck of it and ended up winning the auction--got it for a couple of dollars over half the cost of a new CV '50s Strat. The other three are a '60s Strat, '50s Tele, and Tele Custom (l. to r. in photos below). Cosmetically, the '60s Strat is dead stock, the Custom Tele has an upgraded pickguard, as does the '50s Tele. That latter also has a GFS mini-humbucker installed at the neck position--it's kind of my "Keef" Tele, and I leave it tuned to open G (though I did leave the low E string on). All have had some pickup switch wiring mods done to be able to run the pickups in series. Photos:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!