Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New pickguard for the CV 50's Strat

Thread: New pickguard for the CV 50's Strat

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New pickguard for the CV 50's Strat

So maybe this isn't worth a dedicated thread, but I'm sure many of you are thinking about replacing your CV Strat pickguard. I never liked the mega-thick white one mine came with. After looking around for 8 hole pickguards (didn't want to drill too many holes for the 11 hole), I liked what Warmoth had to offer.

While one screw hole near the switch didn't line up, the rest of the holes matched perfectly. Also, the Warmoth pickguard was shielded only at the pots and switch cavity area, while the stock was also shielded around the pickups.

I wanted to keep it looking classic, but not look like anything else I've seen lately. Vintage Pearl is the color name.

Now it is starting to feel like my guitar! Oh, changing the .09 stock strings to .10's made a nice feeling and sounding difference.
    Last edited by Tig; May 4th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2