I'm wiring up a sustainiac in a Strat.. I really can hardly focus because I don't feel very well and anyways, I decided to start, got a good way through (mind you it calls for the incorporation of 18 additional wires, a circuit board and two additional push pull pots in lieu of the original wiring for a Strat, so this is fairly complex and 'tight' to fit it all in..

Just about finished her up in fact.. and then it downed on me.. hit me like a ton of Bricks.. Seymours (for straight humbucker) uses BLACK for a HOT and I had wired it up Green.. I mean I had to pull the hots off to get to the pup in the first place.. there would of been no doubt even if someone didn't know seymour.. it was a stupid stupid oops..

This means all my grounds are long and all my hots are now too short..

And I knew this.. I have wired so many it isn't even funny.

It was kind of funny too.. I was doing a google search just to make sure after it dawned on me.. in some kind of vain hope they had changed more than a quarter century of wiring code to suit my stupidity..

---

Soooo.. I've put it away.. tomorrow will pull all the pup wiring, rewire the pup leads and then the guitar again..

Nothing like turning what they call a 4-10 hour job into a 3 hour 'fix my own screw up' session..

---

Still.. all that said.. what the hell was Seymour thinking..

Black is never ever ever ever ever hot.. it just isn't.. it is a time honored tradition that black is earth..

If I wasn't laughing so hard right now, I think I would cry. Confused