Thread: How to repair a chip on the backside of a neck?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Try using minwax polyurethane , available in a non tinted small tin , apply with the freyed end of a paper match , use very light coats to the problem spot and use a blow dryer to heat the poly so that it levels itsself in the spot , allow it to dry and apply another coat and blow dry again , repeat the process until you have filled in the chip ... 6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    Try using minwax polyurethane , available in a non tinted small tin , apply with the freyed end of a paper match , use very light coats to the problem spot and use a blow dryer to heat the poly so that it levels itsself in the spot , allow it to dry and apply another coat and blow dry again , repeat the process until you have filled in the chip ... 6S9L
    Thanks for the tip!

Once I get it level, how would I smooth it out to match the rest of the neck? (Sorry to ask but I wrecked a cheap-o guitar neck trying this myself once before a couple of years ago).
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix