Thread: String and note relationship

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    The next time a query like this comes up here, I'll just stay out of it and wait for ChO.............................

A very concise expanation that can't be argued, ChO.

Haha no don't be like that. As I've mentioned before, I'm not really able to offer much in the way of guitar playing advice so I like to dive in headfirst when there's something I actually know something about. In this case I had a vague memory of high school physics that I enjoyed reading up on again.

..and regarding tequila. I Love tequila! Regarding wine though, I would usually spend around $20 on a bottle, but in a moment of weakness I bought a cask (4L) for $15 (reputable brand and all). Now I know WHY it was so cheap. It was clearly contaminated with headaches.....

Also to Don, I wouldn't call your initial question "noob". I'd suggest there are quite a few guitar players who would stumble over the answer to your question.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread and answers reminded of an local player I discovered last December, note his 8-string acoustic guitar:

see here

(not sure if this is the right way to link to youtube?)

He is very local to me, and teaches too, I may try to establish contact, for the fun of it.
    Last edited by poodlesrule; March 13th, 2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added acoustic
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has officially given my heathen pea brain a headache.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40