I decided not to get the Valetronix old style blue AD120VTX primarily because of its age and absence of a warranty. Vox said I would only get my money back for one year, no trade for a contemporary model or any other avenue.

I decided, after giving it some thought, that I wanted an amp that would likely stand up to the test of time and be of a fairly simple design, without modeling, and include a good spring reverb, two channels, and have a good classic rock, blues tone.

I almost decided to buy a 65 Deluxe, which I am sure would have been a good decision.

Then I got a chance to buy a brand new Peavey Classic 30 with 15 per cent off, which brought it down to 509. So I jumped and have one ordered; should ship today. I doubt if I will get it by Friday but who knows. Americanmusical.com has a warehouse in NJ not far from me in Central Pennsylvania. My Tribute Epi came in two days.

I glanced at some reviews of the classic 30 and see that it gets really great reviews from people who have purchased them recently.

I know a lot of you have Classic 30 amps and like them. Do you use yours straight up or did you do any mods, like a different speaker or tubes? I think the new ones come with JJ tubes.

Since I have been jumping around on making a decision on getting an amp since I played and liked that Vox digitized AD120VTX, I thought I would let you all know what I finally decided on.

I played a couple Valve Kings and thought they were great but the Classic 30 just felt like the better amp. I liked some of the tone modifying aspects of the Valve King but wanted a lower powered amp and one with more of a basic design.

The Classic 30 should have that classic design and excellent build quality that I'm looking for; plus it's made in Mississippi - er, ah, did I say Mississippi? Oh yeah, I mean the USA. Ha ha. I think they make some good old amps down in Mississippi, all Bovine waste material aside.

Definitely anxiously awaiting the new amph and lucky I have to work the next two days to hopefully keep my mind off it for now.