OK, here it is as succinctly as I can put it:

Started a new job March 1st.

Had to become licensed for this job. They paid for it. No sweat.

BUT: instead of the 45 days they told me I would have, they hand me a Massachusetts Life Health & Disability Insurance book on March 3rd...and tell me my exams are on March 19th. :eyetwitch:

'Bout 2 weeks. and this book is massive.

My entire life goes on hold: work 9 or 10 hours, go home, eat, study, pass out at midnight or later. Repeat.

The wife says "tell you what: you pass these on the first try, and you can get a guitar. ANYTHING. Sky's the limit".

So...I passed on my first try. And we went to the stores to browse. NArrowed it down...

1) PRS Singlecut 245: white with gold hardware. Sounds amazing. Priced to move (I think the shop is getting out of the PRS biz. They have been slow moving the last 2 years) at $1999 (down from $2795). I played this one for a long while. The wife wants me to get it. They discontinued the model, and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

2) G&L SC-2: custom color, a sort of burgundy purple/red. I have one in baby blue, some of you have seen & heard it. This guitar model is one of my all time favorites. I could take the 2 of them to a gig (one for backup). $1050.

3) Martin D-18: I love my D-15 all mahogany satin finished acoustic, but I want a more "traditional MArtin, too. And the sound difference justifies having both to an extent. Also $1999.

Decisions, decisions (I have more fun at this stage than at any time after purchase, I think. LOL)...