Thread: "Full Boat" Humbucker Wiring Mod

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hey DVM,

Looks pretty interesting ,i guess this mod does nt work on Paf pick ups bein not the same wiring ..

Creative guy you are , bravo !
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kool,been busy myself...

excellent mods,I love that stuff. I have been modding a few guitars lately. Got laid off recently and have had the time. I put and old 70's bucker in a es-335 copy and installed a bigsby,completely rewired a les paul art project with 59 Seymore Duncan Seth Lovers and new cts 500k pots, and finally went over the mods I did to a tele thinline a while back. I didn't want to change the pickguard so I made base plates for a emg 89 in the bridge and a 85 in the neck drilled and tapped them and wired 'em to a push pull for out of phase/coil tap on the bridge and put the original chrome covers over the emgs. Looks like a stock set up but it really growls. I had done this a few years back and when I ordered the 89 and I had to get a drawing via e-mail from EMG. It never switched right and I broke the original base plate (made from a thinline pickup base plate) I was in need of it so I let it go and just used it that way. So the other day I went to EMG's website and sure enough, I had wired it correctly to their spec at the time. Now they have a totally new diagram for it . I had to pull it all apart and rewire all of it and it works perfectly now. Good company excellent help by the way. It was early in the making of the pickup when I did this. They were learning as I was. LOL! I also put a set of pearly gates in my Les Paul standard with some Luxe bumblebee caps that went well. I still think I like the Hoveland caps the best. When I wired my Les Paul studio to 1950 specs with the Hovlands I got a rich deep tone quality that I really like. I have to get some long shaft pots for the Standard and I think I'm gonna put the Hovelands in it with the same wiring in the future. Well gotta go. I printed out that diagram and plan to use it in the future. Thanks,John H.
    we are what we are-Alice Cooper