I have an Epi SG, a copy of a 66 Gibson Standard.

I played about seven SGs the day I bought it, one a Gibson, and this one sounded about five times as good as the others, including special edition ones like the metalflake blue one.

Mine is high gloss trans cherry with block inlays and is one of my favorite guitars, far from as expensive as my more expensive guitars, but awesome nonetheless. This is a great guitar, completely stock and it has withstood the test of time, as I've owned it a few years and it just gets better.

It is not a small guitar when placed next to my other guitars, except of course my lawsuit Ibanez Explorer/Destroyer. But it dwarfs all my guitars.

Tone wise there is a major difference between any of my LPs and LP type guitars. It is sort of like a combination of the tone of a strat clean and a LP deep tone, quite versitile.

Aside from the obvious tonal differences, it has a way different feel.

I have been playing my SG almost exclusively over the last few days and it is a beautiful full tone. I would like to get another one like the Zoot Suit or a P90 one.

Dude, that natural and black Zoot Suit pictured here is awesomely beautiful. Thought about getting one. Those are multipiece laminated bodies, with the different laminate layers stained its unique color, right?

Anyway, the SG tone is not the same as the LP tone and the feel is way different.

Many, many guitarists, both famous and otherwise have used and still use SG guitars.

I had the Gibson faded SG, bought new last Fourth of July at the GC sale and it was stolen by a relative, not to be seen again - along with the old relative I immediately kicked out; F**k that. He also got my Fender Hwy One fat strat amongst other things. 43 year old a** hole I helped salvage out of dire straits a couple months earlier. F***er.

That Gibson SG was great and spent the next nine days after I bought it in the hospital bed with me along with my Vox Amp-plug. That guitar had some mojo; had some mojo. With all the discounts that only cost me about five hundred, new. Never a/b'd it to the Epiphone. I guess the Epi stands on its own. It sounds super good.

Although brighter than the average LP it does not come close to real strat or telecaster territory. The SG has a place of its own.