Quote Originally Posted by Goose
I had no problem with the deviation either, although I appreciate Voodoo's intervention. I actually welcome alternate opionions especially when I am seeking advice that seems to be zeroing in on a specific ending.

Even though I am a Line6 amp owner, I had not considered other options from their product line. In fact, the post made me see if I could run my Spider Jam into my Blues Junior and use the effects on board the Spider Jam along with my FBV Shortboard.

The only way I can see doing it easily would be to use the headphone out on the Spider Jam. Is this possible? I can't seem to find any information on doing that. Then again, all that would acomplish is move the Spider Jam tone from it's speaker to the BJ
Well, that is an interesting idea... Typically, the way you use part (preamp) of one amp with part (power amp) of another is thru an effects loop, somtimes called line-in and line-out (such as on my Hughes & Kettner). There might be an impedance miss-match using a headphone output into an instrument input. Alass, I am no expert, though I have put the line-out on my H & K into my Marshall... didn't like the tone much, though.

If budget is your concern, Behringer makes many, many stompers modeled after more famous incarnations with low pricing. I personally have the VP1 (Small Stone Phaser clone), EM600 (Echo Park clone), PH9 (Phase 90 clone), and have had the TM300 (Sansamp GT-2 clone), UM300 (Ultra Metal clone), and DM100 (DS1/Distortion+/Rat clone). The BiYang/GFS pedals are more robust (made from metal instead of plastic) and feature "true-bypass" and all, so it kinda makes them a little more attractive due to the durability. Plus, with the "generic" form factor the cases have, if you "grow out of it", you can alway gut it and make something else with all the build-your-owns available out there (I personally like Tonepad.com). Just some thoughts...