So, I swapped my beloved TM-10 for this amp.

Going thru the presets it appears the amp usability ratio is very high; super simple to adjust and understand how it all works. For a modeler, couldn't be much simpler.

Then the sounds...well in short none of the 'gain' models work for me at all, but that was expected. The first clean sound is quite useable and nice, although I use such a pristine clean very little usually. From then on the AC15 seems interesting - will have to get back to it to see how it yields drive sounds - but then the AC30 model hits the jackpot for me. Really nice. With a slight reverb it really does sound very very 'real' and tubey ans airy. Plenty of the 'british' ringing driven slight crunch and very good string separation. Just smack on some open chords and you get those sounds á la 'Friends' theme and The Who etc as well. The sound is *big* if any sound ever was.

In comparison to how good that sound is, all the rest of the amp models are really MUCH inferior to me. Can't really get a tight driven tone out of any of them that didn't sound artificial. Jury's still out on th AC15 model and maybe the final OD channel - am not impressed as of now but they may yield better results by tweaking. But I do doubt I will ever get a good distorted sound out of it.

Well, I tried a H&K Warp Factor in front and it can work quite well for a lead booster/drive for the AC30 model, which is great - means I can have three very good sounds now at my feet switches. But even the warp can't make the amp a heavy-sounding metal amp, which is kinda amazing given the extreme range of drive from that 18 volt monster of a drive pedal...but no matter, as I don't really use much any extreme drive.

The sound in general is sufficiently different from my other amps, it instantly makes me change my playing style. Whereas the Tech-21 and also my Ceriatone 4x12" setup are kinda Marshall tight and beg for tight playing and damping and are punchy and in-your-face, this amp is the opposite, it simply begs for ringing open chords and loosely chunky full-chord rhythms.

As it happens, it's pretty much exactly what I need for my Whobody band, which is kinda pop-rock music.

So, so far so good!