A million trillion thanks to m29 for his Bad Monkey!

I have been jonesing HARD for one of these pedals since I watched Robert's demo, the demo on the Digitech site and the videos plastered all over YouTube and elsewhere.

That and my girlfriend told me I had to get one because it's a monkey. I know. She's a little odd, but she is so darn cute!

So, to get a baseline, I fired up the demo on the Digitech site and ran the riffs through my PA, following along with them the best I could to get an idea of the sound different between whatever guitar and amp they were using and my rig.

Yeah. LP makes EVERYTHING sound better. ;-)

I remembered reading a post on one of the other 200 Bad Monkey threads that unlike some other OD pedals, when you crank the bass on the BM, it actually cranks up the bass.

Heaven.

I am in absolute heaven. Nirvana. Valhalla. The Happy Hunting Grounds. In the words of Dangerous Toys, I am Sportin' a Woody.

Here's a little fact about Jon (me, in the third person cause I rock like that.. lol)... I like bass. Maybe a little too much. When I'm crunchin on power chords and such, I love that dirty sound. That's one of the reasons I use the Ernie Ball Slinky Hybrids.. thick bass strings, really thin treble strings. This little metallic green box of OD goodness exemplifies that.

Bad Monkey = Good Monkey. I haven't quite dialed it in yet, but am close. REAL close.

The other totally awesome thing with BM is that with the level dimed, Bass and Treble at noon and gain killed, at least with the LP/Hot Rod Deluxe combination, it gives me such a smooth, transparent OD...

I give Bad Monkey 4 opposable thumbs up. If I think of it, I might grab some audio.