Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Are Any Of You Bored With Stratocasters?

Thread: Are Any Of You Bored With Stratocasters?

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are Any Of You Bored With Stratocasters?

Let me preface this thread: No offense intended to Stratocaster lovers. This is just my opinion.

For years, I played Strats, owned a couple pre-CBS ones too. At one point, I owned five Strats, and finally looked at them and said, "This is ridiculous." Now, I own one, a '94 MIJ 60's reissue in Candy Apple Red that is my 5-string open G tuned guitar a la Keith Richards. It's now relic'd and beat up. Plays great. I still think the Strat is a beautiful looking guitar.

But I'm sick of them.

I reached a point where I was just fed up with Stratocasters. I got tired of the thin sounds they made, and mostly, I got sick of walking into any club or open mic, and seeing almost everybody playing Strats. They were everywhere, ubiquitous, a dime a dozen. The wave of SRV imitators also turned me off. I was reviewing a lot of blues discs at that point, and every week, my mailbox was inhabited with new CDs by SRV wannabes in gaucho hats, all sporting-you guessed it-Stratocasters. I also realized that I was better served playing Gibson and Gretsch guitars for the most part, because they gave me the fuller sound and full-bore crunch I wanted. Lately, I've also been playing both a Telecaster and a Jazzmaster, and find them much more to my liking.

So, have any of you become bored or disenchanted with Strats?
    Last edited by DrumBob; May 13th, 2010 at 07:41 PM.