I had not taken my acoustic out of its case in a few months until this past week. As I'm playing acoustic in church this Sunday, I needed to get it out and play it a bit, and in doing so, I noticed that the action is pretty high. Some of this may be perception, since I've been playing electrics recently. However, up the neck it seems high even for an acoustic.

Last summer, the guitar was a little over-humidified due to the weather here and developed a bit of a crown in the top. I took it in and had a new saddle cut that was lower, with the expectation that when the top dried out, I would put the old saddle back in. At the time, the action was pretty decent, but now it seems high. Last night I think I measured the action at the highest fret (19th fret?) to be about 5/32", but I don't remember what it was at the 12th fret -- probably closer to 1/8". I still have not put the old saddle in, as it never really started buzzing. I also checked the neck with a long straight-edge along the frets, but I didn't know what I was looking for. It seemed that, while there was some gap on the middle frets, it wasn't outrageous.

So...my question: what could this be? Neck relief? Even more over-humidification than last year? An odd angle on the neck? Again, when I took it from the shop at the end of last summer, it played fine and had reasonable action. More importantly than identifying the problem (though related nonetheless), is the question of how I address this. Is there any DIY fix or will it involve bringing it somewhere for repair?

Input appreciated.