Thread: Continually checking out amplifiers...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I've read good things about the Trademark amps, although I have no hands-on experience with them. But as the new owner of a Roland Cube 30X, I can say that I'm very impressed with solid state modeling amps, in general. I'd say check them all out.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tech 21 TM30s are fabulous amps for bedroom playing and for direct recording. Several folks here on the forum have the TM60 and really like them a lot.

I have the "poor man's" TM30....a Behringer GM110. Same set-up at the TM30 and I have to say that it delivers excellent analog modeling of the Mesa, Marshall and Fender amps with active EQ. No F/X and that's probably a good thing.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Piebaldpython

Yo dude, can you believe an x nephew I took in, 43 yrs old, last year, turned on me and stole my Behringer GM110 along with a Fender Hwy One and a Gibson faded SG brand new? I kicked him out quicker than human waste material.

Got some great new guitars but never replaced the GM110. I would like to though. They are discontinued but can still be found for around 99 online at various places.

Remember, prospective buyers, that the GM110 is the reverse engineered Tech 21, not the new Behringer GMX110 or whatever they call it.

You want to make sure you get the GM110 if you want the Tech 21 clone, and it is a superb amp for a small price.

I should make it a priority to get a new one.

Very loud amp with ANALOG modelling, not digital modelling. ANALOG modelling amps are supposed to be far superior to the digital modelling ones, just as analog audio is superior sounding to digital audio. That's why we don't play digital guitars and analog amps are so popular.

I would suggest trying out a Behringer GM110, they get great reviews and mine never had a problem and was built very well with an excellent speaker. The models were cool, as were the speaker models and the drive options. Great little amp.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art